Old February 9th 04, 12:41 AM
Brian Thorn

Default Pres. Kerry's NASA

On 8 Feb 2004 15:55:49 -0800, (ed kyle) wrote:

What will President Kerry do with NASA? My guess is that
he will want to dump the Bush Moon/Mars plans ASAP, but
will he be able to stop CEV and the end of Shuttle?

I doubt Kerry would pay much attention to NASA, so most of NASA's
existing programs would continue. The Shuttle still needs to be either
heavily upgraded or replaced, and the next President will have to make
that decision. I suspect a President Kerry would let the OSP/CEV part
of Constellation continue, with all work on a moon mission being put
on the back burner, not that its going to be big in 2005-2009 anyway.

We'd definiely go back to the years of 5% annual budget cuts for NASA,
though.

Brian