Old November 10th 07, 01:24 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Milton Aupperle

Default ASTRO: Mars 11-09-07 in very good seeing

In article , J.Warren
wrote:

Thanks guys. That image was captured at 30fps. I shot about 15gig worth of
avis and I believe 7.5fps gave me the best result. Its a bit sharper.

begin 666

Hi Joel;

Very nice images.

Probably the reason you got sharper images at 7.5 fps versus 30 is
because you use less camera gain to brighten the image up.

Gain Noise will blur fainter details.

Did the Unisys NAM 300 mb predicted turbulence map indicate seeing was
going to be great or is that still a "hit or miss" thing?

Thanks in advance..

Milton Aupperle
http://www.outcastsoft.com/AstroImages/AstroIndex.html