Old January 18th 18, 03:25 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jibini Kula Tumbili Kujisalimisha

Default PBS 2 hour "Black Hole Apocalypse" NOVA special was pretty good

RichA wrote in
:

On Wednesday, 17 January 2018 11:46:28 UTC-5, Jibini Kula
Tumbili Kujisalimisha wrote:
Bill Gill wrote in
news
On 1/16/2018 5:28 PM, RichA wrote:
Perhaps a bit derivative of parts of Cosmos and The Elegant
Universe and the lady astrophysicist wasn't the most
compelling narrator, but the info on the LIGO array used to
detect gravity waves and such was interesting.

http://www.pbs.org/video/black-hole-apocalypse-yj34qi/

I thought she did as good a job as most science narrators.

I suspect she was chosen as much for her looks as for her
ability to prounced the big words correctly. (Which is a shame,
because she's quite qualified as an astrophysicist, too. But
that's television.)

Not to mention the creepy shot of her high-heeled shoes and the
S&M collar she was wearing.

You have a point? It's television. And maybe she's into that sort of
thing.

--
Terry Austin

Vacation photos from Iceland: