Old April 14th 14, 10:51 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Stefan Lilge

Default ASTRO: Barnard 330

Rick,

I didn't find the galaxy but enjoyed the nebula none the less.
It might be even more obvious with a larger field, but you have to take what
you get...

Stefan

"Rick Johnson" schrieb im Newsbeitrag

Barnard 330/LDN 647 is a dark nebula in Aquila. There is virtually
nothing on it that I could find in the literature. While determining
the distance to such nebula is difficult and has a wide error margin I
found not even one attempt to give it a distance. One source put
typical dark nebula in Aquila at about 1000 light-years. I have no idea
if this might apply to this dark nebula however. NED lists one heavily
obscured galaxy in the image. I didn't make an annotated image for one
very faint smudge of a galaxy. NED had little on it but its position.
It is 2MASX J19194212+0721408 which gives its position for those who
just have to find it.

14" LX200R @ f/10, L=6x10' RGB=2x10', STL-11000XM, Paramount ME

Rick
--
Prefix is correct. Domain is arvig dot net