Old September 6th 03, 09:48 PM
Rod Mollise

Default Deepsky 2003 Astronomy Software vs Starry Night

Deep Sky 2003 has something called a deep sky database which consist of dark
nebula and open clusters outside the ngc/ic catalogs. Many, many , many ,
many of those objects can be seen in humble binoculars. Starry Night sadly
has the absolute worse deepsky database out of all commercial mainstream
astronomical software. Also DeepSky 2003 planner is much better and it has
logging.
Don't get me wrong I love Starry Night, but it is an educator tool and
cloudy night entertainment. It is not suitable for the amateur as compared
to other lower cost software.

Hi:

For ONCE you can take what Shawn is saying to the bank. He's 100% on target
about this.

Peace,
Rod Mollise
Like SCTs and MCTs?
Check-out sct-user, the mailing list for CAT fanciers!
Goto http://members.aol.com/RMOLLISE/index.html