Old July 9th 06, 03:17 PM posted to sci.space.history
mike flugennock

Default identify this spacesuit ?

Thierry wrote:
Hi,

In order to complete an article about spacesuits,
could someone tell me what kind of suits are next
http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/Scie...bert-white.jpg
for X-15 pilots, looks like a flightsuit, semi pressurised ?

http://www.astrosurf.org/lombry/Scie...-gilliland.jpg
for SR-71, looks like a spacesuit made of 2 layers, full pressurised ?

At last, what model of spacesuit used Alan Shepard in 1961 onboard Freedom 7
(look like a SR-71 suit, probably a bit modified)

Does someone know their name or model ref. ?

I couldn't tell you for sure, but the SR71 pilot's gear looks
suspiciously like the David Clark G4C, used in Gemini, and originally
planned for use on the early Apollo Block I missions, with mods.

I don't know _what_ that is, that the X15 pilot is wearing. It almost
looks like the bulky training suits that you see Gemini crewmen wearing
in all the fotos of them doing egress training and such.

--

..

"Though I could not caution all, I yet may warn a few:
Don't lend your hand to raise no flag atop no ship of fools!"

--grateful dead.
Mike Flugennock, flugennock at sinkers dot org
"Mikey'zine": dubya dubya dubya dot sinkers dot org