Old October 30th 07, 07:28 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
TheCroW

Default ASTRO: 17P/Holmes ... different way of stacking makes all the difference!

My previous posting of Holmes was a stack of 34 JPG and after the stacking I
did proces the image. But now I first did proces the photographs and then
did the stack them. And that looks so much better!! The color now is the
green/yellow I also see in other images and it's lot's clearer. In my
I see that it is not ... it's the lighter blob that is just out of the
center. Ah well, still very content over here that I could capture this and
in this way with my simple, unguided scope and cmaera :-)

Bynostar 130-900 Newton (non guided), 40 mm eyepiece, FujiFilm S5500 hybride
camera,
eyepiece projection. Stack of 34 JPGs, ISO 400, 1 sec, f/2.8.

--
Menno

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version