Old December 3rd 06, 01:48 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Jan Owen[_1_]

Default I'm SICK of the theory of "panspermia"

Just try REALLY hard not to get any ON you, Chris!!!

ESPECIALLY if there's any chance it ever touched RICH...

ACK!!!

Transcumbagia!!! GAG!!! And of course, TRANSCUMBAGIA!!!

--
http://community.webshots.com/user/janowen21
"Chris L Peterson" wrote in message
On 2 Dec 2006 17:03:20 -0800, "Rich" wrote:

Why would they think Earth was "seeded" with life? Why not start with
and prove or disprove life originated here? What is the attraction for
scientists of this theory?

Because if material can move between planets, provide an environment
where primitive life or complex biochemicals can survive, and the
material can be ejected under conditions that wouldn't sterilize the
contents, than any _responsible_ scientist has to consider this as a
viable possibility, even if it isn't the most likely. In fact, all of
these conditions appear to be true; I, for one, am very happy that a few
scientists are pursuing research in this area.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com