Old June 18th 05, 06:37 PM

Rand Simberg wrote:

http://www.washingtonpost.com/wp-dyn...601570_pf.html

"The session took an awkward turn when witness Ray McGovern, a former
intelligence analyst, declared that the United States went to war in
Iraq for oil, Israel and military bases craved by administration
'neocons' so 'the United States and Israel could dominate that part of
the world.' He said that Israel should not be considered an ally and
that Bush was doing the bidding of Israeli Prime Minister Ariel
Sharon.

Compare McGovern's words alone with:

"... who thinks that the purpose of the war was to allow Israel to take
over the Middle East."

'Israel is not allowed to be brought up in polite conversation,'
McGovern said. 'The last time I did this, the previous director of
Central Intelligence called me anti-Semitic.' "

Gee, imagine that...

One *must* use imagination, to get from that to:

"McGovern is an anti-semitic nutcase, ..."

In my profession, we avoid extrapolation when better means are
available.

Challenger's Ghost