Old August 16th 09, 10:11 PM posted to sci.space.history,sci.space.policy,sci.space.history
Brian Thorn[_2_]

Default OT - Military Channel

On Sun, 16 Aug 2009 12:00:16 -0500, Pat Flannery
wrote:

I'll have to check, that may be a series from many years ago that's
being recycled again, as a lot of its information on more recent
aircraft seems badly dated.

Maybe we're talking about different shows. "Great Planes" hasn't
really tackled recent aircraft. I think Vietnam-era planes are the
most recent. But the monotone pilot has compared a few of the subjects
to the F-22 (not in detail, just to say "Oh, the F-8 was the first to
use that... the F-22 still does!) so it seems pretty recent.

My main complaint is the selection of "Great Planes". I really
wouldn't consider the F-100, A-7, or A-26 "great".

Brian