Old December 2nd 18, 10:33 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Lat/Long and timekeeping system for Mars

On Sat, 1 Dec 2018 19:04:20 -0800 (PST), Quadibloc
wrote:

I was looking for an accurate value for Martian circumpolar motion - I thought I
had that on my site as well, and I did, but I just looked in the wrong place -
and found *this* web site...

https://www.windows2universe.org/kids_space/period.html

which says

" Earth's day (or rotational period) is exactly 23.9345 hours (or, 23 hours, 56
minutes, 4.2 seconds)."

I'm not sure what you're objecting to. The failure to qualify "day" as
"stellar day"? That seems pretty minor considering that the sentence
immediately before the one you quote very explicitly defines "day" as
the rotational period... which obviously is the value they state.

In many contexts, "day" is reasonably assumed to mean "solar day", but
I don't see the problem if the context makes it clear what kind of day
is under discussion (and the word "day" in isolation is always
ambiguous in meaning).