Old April 8th 06, 01:01 AM posted to sci.astro,alt.sci.planetary,sci.geo.geology

Default HiRISE Team Releases First Processed Images From MRO

"Jan Panteltje" wrote in message
On a sunny day (7 Apr 2006 11:56:13 -0700) it happened

wrote in .com:

HiRISE TEAM RELEASES FIRST PROCESSED IMAGES
FROM POWERFUL NEW CAMERA ORIBITING MARS
(From Lori Stiles, University Communications, 520-621-1877)

- Friday, April 07, 2006

Contact Information
Alfred S. McEwen 520-621-4573

Eric Eliason 520-626-0764

Related Web sites
http://hiroc.LPL.arizona.edu
http://www.nasa.gov/mro
http://marsoweb.nas.nasa.gov/HiRISE/
http://mars.jpl.nasa.gov/mro

Beautiful, I downloaded the 32 MB jpg, almost like being there.
And so much green (I know it is not true color), and always green
at lower points where water could be.
Won't be long before we see the first martian trees.

Cows? Dunno ;-)

If you know it is not true color, why do you make such a big deal over the
color green, and where it might show up on an image?

George