Old October 23rd 17, 02:27 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gerald Kelleher

Default Atoms are 99.999999...% empty space!

I believe I settled all this well over a decade ago with John Baez who didn't hang around.

The issue of the Planck length as a geometric quantity works in with the non periodic structure of the Pi proportion where the number are neither random or ordered - 3.1415927....

In an attempt to set a lower geometric limit using the planck length as a diameter to create a greater circumference thereby creating the Pi proportion, it indicates that the Pi proportion is also periodic with a definite value rather than an infinite non periodic series. As a radius can be created out of a circle ,it puts an impossible strain on both arithmetic,language and geometry to assign lower limits to observations for a reasonable person would lose their minds.