Old February 12th 07, 05:36 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur,alt.fan.art-bell,alt.fan.howard-stern,alt.astronomy,soc.penpals
lab~rat >:-)

Default Sky View Zone's Exciting World of Astrology

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:31:47 GMT, Chris L Peterson
puked:

On Mon, 12 Feb 2007 17:25:46 GMT, "lab~rat :-)"
wrote:

Ya know, a lot of idiots get astrology and astronomy mixed up.
Nothing ****es me off more than when someone introduces me to someone
and says, you should see all of his astrology photographs...

It's a common mistake. The problem, of course, is that "astronomy"
should be called "astrology", but that name was already in use. An
intelligent but ignorant person would rightfully assume that what we do
is called astrology. Oh well.

A newspaper once made the mistake of identifying me as an astrologer.
Nothing could be done about the print edition, but I demanded that they
correct their online edition and archives. At first, the editor refused,
but I asked him what he would do if his reporter accidentally called a
"photographer" a "pornographer", and he got the idea. The archives were
altered.

Of course, I'd much prefer to be called a pornographer than an
astrologer; the latter is far more insulting! g

Agreed.
--
lab~rat :-)
Do you want polite or do you want sincere?