Old August 23rd 10, 01:55 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: Sh2-115 revised

I'm due for cataract surgery soon, find out Wednesday when. Anyway I
don't see fine detail well any more. Should after they get both eyes
fixed but that's a month apart. Anyway I didn't see that my H alpha
darks didn't work well. I didn't have any. Apparently when I took this
I expected to take them but never did. I used some 10 minute ones that
were current and scaled them but that's a far bigger scale than I've
ever had work. I was pleased to see it did. Except I've been told
(many times now) it didn't. I blew it up so my eyes could see the
damage and it was severe. I went back and found some 15 month old darks
that didn't need scaling. I figured they'd not work but they did
surprisingly well. So here's the full size image with a better set of
darks applied to the H alpha data.

Rick

Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version