Old May 2nd 07, 01:34 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Starlord

Default Anyone suffering from contrails?

In the USA the boing company is in a nothwesten state, and the one don south
of me is closing shop and all test fights are done on either a special test
flight (next to or closby ) runway or if a mil craft it's all done on
Edwards like I've already seen the new jet that will replace the F117. It is
trucked to or flown to Edwards Air Force Base whihc is where they test all
kinds of crafs for a lot of them it's there first full flight too.
The airforce has always had a strong air-contrail for any flights but
demo's and props too.
So I would figure the BAF(?) would use the the same fuels.

--

"Andrew Smallshaw" wrote in message

Oddly enough the military jets don't cause a problem for me.
There's plenty of them about (it only occurred to me after I posted
that my home town is one of Britain's principal centres for military
aircraft production) but they rarely stream contrails - I think
that may be due to the fact that they're never at any significant
altitude. It's the civilian airliners that cause the problem.

--
Andrew Smallshaw