Old October 30th 03, 03:38 PM
Michael A. Covington

Default reprint of Clerke's HISTORY OF ASTRONOMY

"mark d. doiron" wrote in message
"Michael A. Covington"

wrote
in message news
Very interesting! I'm glad to know about this and
about your other astronomy reprints. Perhaps in
100 years you'll be reprinting my stuff

Michael et al--

or perhaps it will all be online in the public domain (after this amount

of
time, copyright should be a non-issue, right?).

Maybe we can do what Disney Studios did -- every 25 years persuade Congress
to extend the copyright another 25 years

(There was a recent extension in the duration of US copyrights that was
motivated by the desire to keep the earliest Mickey Mouse cartoons from
going into the public domain.)

But I don't need anybody paying me royalties in 100 years... I'll be happy
if anyone is just reading the books...