Old November 24th 08, 07:03 AM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: M45 quickie

Stefan Lilge wrote:

I recently got a new focal reducer for my Skywatcher ED80 refractor, which I
tried last night. I got a few minutes of imaging between snow showers, while
the clear period was only short the sky was very nice and clear.
I used a blue filter for luminance, which seems to be a good idea for a blue
nebula, the image is better than I would expect for just 30 minutes
"luminance".

Taken from the middle of Berlin with a Skywatcher ED80, modified Vixen f/6.3
reducer for f/5, G11 mount, SXV-H9 camera, 6x5 minutes for blue, 1x5 minutes
green, 2x5 minutes red, combined as B:R:G:B

The image can also be found at
http://ccd-astronomy.de/temp2/M45colourgut.jpg

Stefan

Very good to pick all that up from your location.

I do have to get something for wide field work. I keep saying that but
never seem to get it done.

Rick