Old November 15th 03, 10:36 PM
Alan Buttivant

Thanks all for your advice. I guessed that a rich field refractor was a
scope that did not have the power of some other refractors and was perhaps
smaller/lighter.

I bid for a tal 100R on ebay and did not win the bid. A few days later I saw
one for sale in a shop locally and was surprised by the size of it. Given
its weight and size I wondered how I would have got it into the garden.

I need something smaller/lighter but with sufficient power to keep my
interest going and not too expensive.

Any suggestions (direct to me if you prefer) would be appreciated.

Regards

AB
"Alan Buttivant" wrote in message
I am new to astronomy and have been looking at a number of telescopes. Can
someone please advise : What is the definition of "Rich Field Refractor"

ie
what does it mean. I havn't been able to find out on the web.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Regards

AB