Old November 15th 03, 08:27 PM
Chain Rule

"Alan Buttivant" wrote in message
I am new to astronomy and have been looking at a number of telescopes. Can
someone please advise : What is the definition of "Rich Field Refractor"

ie
what does it mean. I havn't been able to find out on the web.

Sorry if this is a dumb question.

Regards

AB

They are Okay for general sky viewing, but they come up short for some of
the cooler stuff....

I have a 120mm Refractor from Orion, with a focal length of 1000mm. Fun
scope to run around with. Last night I locked it in on Saturn and it
great... rings and all, with a 10mm lathium....

Then I dropped in a 25mm and the Orion Nebula was easily in view...

I have one comment on the Skyview Pro 120... I get a bit of haloing at
higher magnifications... but a V filter took care of that easily....

You might want to consider a 120mm "long tube" with a 35-50mm lens
instead...