Old March 25th 13, 08:52 AM posted to sci.space.history
Bob Haller

Default recovered F-1 engines - which mission?

On Mar 24, 10:12*pm, "Greg \(Strider\) Moore"
wrote:
"Jan Philips" *wrote in message
.. .

On Sun, 24 Mar 2013 18:07:50 -0700 (PDT), bob haller
wrote:

Could they tell from the location?

Not EXACTLY, the area is littered with all sorts of debris from a
lifetime of launches.

Yes, but we are talking only about Saturn F-1s. *Is the location of
where each SI-C went down known accurately enough to tell which ones
have been found?

A 30 second search shows Apollo 15 was launched more southerly than previous
launches.

And since the launch depended on where the Moon was in its orbit I have to
guess there's some variation (on the scale of miles) between where the
impact points were, but I don't know how much stuff might drift and how
accurately the impact spot was tracked.

--
Greg D. Moore * * * * * * * * *http://greenmountainsoftware.wordpress.com/
CEO QuiCR: Quick, Crowdsourced Responses.http://www.quicr.net

theres a pretty photo of one of the stages impacting the ocean in a
rather spectacular fashion, taken by a fishing boat that probabky
shouldnt of been there