Old December 19th 09, 04:52 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Davoud[_1_]

Default An Incredibly Rich Star Field in Canis Major

In article , Davoud:
The page http://www.primordial-light.com/deepsky6.html#thor contains
the full frame reduced to a width of 1024 pixels; there is a link to a
larger image, as well.

John Nichols:
That's one nice pic. Why not submit it to APOD?

My humble thanks to all of you for your kind remarks.

I have submitted it to APOD, but when you consider the gorgeous detail
that people are getting with their RC's from elevations of 2500 meters
and upward in New Mexico, the Atacama, and such like, not to mention
the stuff from the professional observatories and Hubble, a photo taken
at 18 meters elevation in the heart of the East Coast light dome seems
unlikely to end up on the top of the pile the APOD people have to
choose from! Who can blame them!?

Davoud

you will say in your entire life.

usenet *at* davidillig dawt cawm