Old January 22nd 04, 08:32 PM
Sam Seiber

Default American Mars rover.

MarkMcDonald wrote:

U.S. mars rover "Spirit" is apparently dead according to Reuters about half
an hour ago. It's either fallen over or suffered an electrical failure.

Anyone know any more please?

I have been pretty much following:
http://www.spaceflightnow.com/mars/mera/status.html

This morning (Mtn time), they seemed to be updating pretty
quickly. I am thinking that we are now in a "no news is
not good news", meaning that if there is something real
positive to report, we will hear about it quickly. Otherwise
I feel JPL will stay away from the press while they work
the problem. Based on the way I am feeling about this
problem today, I can't imagine how the JPL folks are feeling.

Sam