Old May 20th 14, 07:16 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Richard D. Saam

Default Uh, Oh: BICEP2 Results In Jeopardy?

On 5/20/14, 1:29 AM, jacob navia wrote:
Yes. That would completely destroy my argument.
You have a reference where I could take a deeper look at that?

Or the whole issue of foreground object contamination when studying the CMB?

Thanks

Don't forget that CMB is a Blackbody spectrum with maximum energy at
2.725K 160.6 GHz that theoretically continues to +or- infinity
A millikelvin difference at T = 2.725 degrees
may not be the same at .1 K or 1000 K.
This may be reflected in:
Planck 2013 results. XVI. Cosmological parameters
http://arxiv.org/abs/1303.5076
"Despite the success of the standard LCDM model, this cosmology does not
provide a good fit to the CMB power spectrum at low multipoles, as noted
previously by the WMAP team. While not of decisive significance, this is
an anomaly in an otherwise self-consistent analysis of the Planck
temperature data."

See figure 1."Planck foreground-subtracted temperature power spectrum--"

Richard D Saam