Old December 10th 12, 04:55 PM posted to sci.physics.relativity,sci.physics,alt.astronomy,alt.atheism,sci.astro
Painius[_1_] Painius[_1_] is offline
Banned

Default Aether has mass

On Sun, 9 Dec 2012 17:33:23 -0800 (PST), Brad Guth
wrote:

On Dec 9, 4:36*pm, Painius wrote:
On Sun, 9 Dec 2012 11:28:57 -0800 (PST), Brad Guth

wrote:
. . .
And yet you and all others can't objectively prove that any original
singular photon and its phantom particle actually travels anywhere, as
in all by itself. *Why is that? . . .

It took me awhile, Brad, because I was rather intrigued by your idea
that there was no objective evidence of photon motion, and I finally
found that evidence in the following article...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Compton_scattering

As you already know, Albert Einstein proposed in 1905 that light
*moved* in discreet packets of energy that were called "quanta"
(singular "quantum"). *His idea solved a good deal of anomalies in
physics, and for that he received the Nobel prize in physics in 1921.

During that sixteen-year period, there was a lot of resistance from
physicists who still greatly favored the wave makeup of light.
Einstein had proved mathematically that photons moved as individual
particles and had the property of *momentum". *But the math proof was
not enough.

Arthur Compton performed an experiment in 1923 that's described in the
article linked to above, and he received the Nobel for it in 1927.
Compton's experiment supported Einstein's math and was performed by
others to confirm the result. *Following that experimental proof,
physicists were convinced of the particle nature of light, and that
light quanta (photons) possessed the property of momentum.

As you should agree, anything that has "momentum" moves. *Without
momentum there can be no movement. *When anything moves, it then must
possess the property of momentum. * And any kind of object that has
momentum must be in motion.

Einstein proposed that light particles had momentum, and Compton
proved Einstein correct with experimental evidence.

Phantom singularity particle momentum within their individual
wavelength is well enough understood.

Now all we need is to follow one singular originating photon in order
to make darn certain that it's only the original photon and not of any
replicated copies arriving at or reflecting off point B.

The trillion frame per second camera still can't mange to do this, but
perhaps a better observation method will soon materialize, that will
give us the objective proof.

Brad, if a truck were moving straight toward you, would you get out of
its way? or would you wait for a better observation method?

Einstein proved mathematically, and Compton proved empirically that
photons have momentum, which means that they must be in motion, they
must move. If that's not objective proof enough for you, consider
yourself a majority of one.

--
Happy Holidays!
and Warm Wishes for the New Year!