Old July 12th 06, 03:48 PM posted to sci.space.moderated
Jim Kingdon

Default NASA/WWE: Send a WWE wrestler into Space?

If NASA goes with it, great, if not there are always the Russians or
Burt Rutan.

If SpaceShipTwo enters commercial service, then it would be a brief
flight, but should be easy to arrange, and probably affordable (not
sure what a typical WWE production budget is).

The Russians: the lead times are long, one must train for many months
(including learning Russian, I think), and the cost could be an
issue. Not out of the question, though.

As for NASA, seems like a "our tax dollars are being spent on WHAT?"
kind of thing (which seems like a good argument for commercial
spaceflight, since there are any number of ways in which the
interested public could fund a commercial WWE event).

Finally, if the NASA folks need to move some big gear on the ISS for
the construction, a WWE'er could be a heck of an asset to have up
there. Just sayin'.

:-). Could be a whole unexplored resource. "Who needs Strella when
you have Hulk Hogan".