Old December 5th 18, 05:37 AM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Lat/Long and timekeeping system for Mars

On Tue, 4 Dec 2018 21:27:54 -0800 (PST), Quadibloc
wrote:

But I'm talking about trying to be understood by people who are not astronomers.

And to ordinary people, a "day" is a unit of time between successive periods of
light or of dark, without rotation even entering into their thoughts.

I don't disagree. But the page you were complaining about was
specifically written to educate people about an astronomical concept!