Old September 21st 18, 12:44 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Gary Harnagel

Default Neil DeGrasse Tyson headed down same loony road as Carl Sagan?

On Friday, September 21, 2018 at 1:57:57 AM UTC-6, Martin Brown wrote:

On 20/09/2018 20:58, Gary Harnagel wrote:

Satan is NOT a deity. YOU are the one that made that claim.

Hmm! What would you call him then "a disgruntled former employee of God"
aka a "fallen angel".

That about sums it up :-)

Can't be much good as an omnipotent deity if he can't keep his own house
in order can he?

As I said, Satan is necessary for our development.

At least the polytheists were honest about having their Gods in conflict
about how to run the Earth.

Romans just quietly absorbed any new Gods they ran into their pantheon.
That was until they ran into the awkward problem of monotheists.

They thought they could solve that problem with lions.

"There is one glory of the sun, and another glory of the moon, and
another glory of the stars: for one star differeth from another star
in glory.

In case you didn't know, the "glor of the Moon" is really the gliry
of the Sun. The Moon does not shrine with its own light.

It's a metaphor, I'm sure you've heard of them.

And because of it heaven will very certainly be hotter than hell ;-)
Blackbody Thermodynamics 101.

--
Regards,
Martin Brown

Metaphor for brightness, not temperature :-)

BTW, I'm glad you consider yourself an agnostic. That's an honest
position as compared to atheism.