Old January 25th 18, 10:08 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Falcon Heavy Static Fire

On 2018-01-25 12:33, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Are you stuck on stupid? How many times are you going to ask the same
question hoping for a different answer?

Because we are no longer in a "sometimes after January 1", we are in a
"in a week or so" scenario.

We're still talking about exactly the same time frame.

If you don't know the answer, you don't need to insult those who ask.

Mayfly, noting your intellectual shortcomings isn't 'insulting' you.
It's mere observation.

What's to insure?

SpaceX's own pad, the tanks and pad equipment. (as well as the rocket
itself, but more importantly some liability insurance in case it damages
something else in the complex.

None of that stuff is typically insured on a 'by launch' basis. What
you can ensure is the launch vehicle, payload, performance, etc.
There's no reason to ensure any of that. The payload is a Tesla
roadster and there is no financial loss should it fail to 'deliver'
correctly. I seriously doubt there is any launch insurance at all on
this shot. There's no point to it.

territory."
--G. Behn