Old March 2nd 10, 08:56 PM posted to sci.astro,sci.physics
Jan Panteltje

Default test devised to test for MOND on Earth

On a sunny day (Tue, 2 Mar 2010 12:20:12 -0800 (PST)) it happened PD
wrote in
:

Jan, there's a couple of problems with this.

I know :-)

1. You would expect to find young, small spiral galaxies with very
little subtended arc in the arms, and very old, large spiral galaxies
with very long subtended arc in the arms, in more or less a linear
relationship. There is no observable correlation like that.

It all depends on when the galaxies started emitting jets,
on how we measure time (their date), an how they were formed.
After some time I would expect some of the matter to tend towards orbiting.

2. The mass in the arms would have a significant *outward* component
of the velocity, which would be easily measured in Doppler
measurements. No such component is observed.

If you look at the picture of some of these galaxies,
then you will see some where the 'thing 'in the middle is sticking out on 2 sides,
like a squeezed orange, and from that point on it sort of leaves
traces of material in which then stars form.

3. Rather that galaxies being the accretion of mass, you would have
everyone believe that there are huge *sources* of mass in the centre
of galaxies, without accounting at all for what might be the source of
such large amounts of mass.

If we accept the idea of some big sort of 'bang', then it is MUCH more likely big pieces of
that primordial (as yet unknown state of matter) where thrown out in the bang, and spread in the sky.
Each piece then started spewing these jets and galaxies formed.
Where should the gasses come from in your model?
And why would they stay close to galaxies? Hot gasses expand.

Ever looked a fireworks?
It is not that the sparks are seeking the firecrackers, they ORIGINATE from those.