Old February 9th 04, 08:33 PM
Hop David

Default Pres. Kerry's NASA

ed kyle wrote:
What will President Kerry do with NASA? My guess is that
he will want to dump the Bush Moon/Mars plans ASAP, but
will he be able to stop CEV and the end of Shuttle?

- Ed Kyle

A quick Google search gave this discouraging bit:

"While he supports the space program, he does not support another
mission to the moon. Investment in space exploration needs to be weighed
against other priorities in the federal budget, he said. He favors an
'appropriate' level of space research."

from http://telegram-franklinnh.com/2004/1/22/A2.html

One of his goals, evidently, is energy independence from the mideast.
He's big on photovoltaics but I saw no mention of nuclear power plants.
I hope he doesn't have the knee-jerk liberal reaction to the N word.

In my opinion, the western democracies achieving energy independence
would be the biggest blow against the crazy Wahabbis. We're funding
terrorism every time we fill our gas tanks. Of course you won't see
oilmen Bush or Cheney trying to end our petroleum addiction.

--
Hop David
http://clowder.net/hop/index.html