Old July 3rd 05, 07:57 AM
George Dishman

"Henri Wilson" H@.. wrote in message
Definition of the BaT: "Light initially moves at c wrt its source".

A claim that is known to be disproven by the
Sagnac effect.

The BaT acknowleges the existence of extinction and that 'local aether
frames'
may exist in the vicinity of matter. These may determine local light
speeds.

Snell's Law requires that any such "extinction"
(not the usual meaning of the term) must occur
over a short distance (consider a quarter-wave
plate) depending on the refractive index.

I suggest the speed of the light leaving a
distant star is therefore changed to be c almost
immediately and Henri's simulation results are
therefore spurious.

Do you understand what I'm saying Henri, unless
you have the equations for extinction and the
behaviour relative to your aether, you cannot
make a prediction. Your above definition does
not constitute a theory since the unknown parts
prevent you making any predictions.

Also as you have the word "may" in your text,
you don't have a theory. Replace it by "will"
and give the equations.

George