Old October 21st 16, 04:59 PM posted to rec.arts.sf.written,sci.astro,sci.physics.relativity
Thomas 'PointedEars' Lahn

Default Two Trillion Galaxies,

William December Starr wrote:

SteveGG said:
So there's probably no limit at all to the number of galaxies.
Trillions ? Sure why not ? And probably much more or infinite !

It'd be limited by how many stars can be built from the finite
and unchanging (I believe) amount of mass-energy in the universe,
wouldn't it?

Insufficient. There is a lot more to a galaxy than just a large
accumulation of stars (consisting of electromagnetically interacting
matter).

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Galaxy

Please stop this mindless crossposting across 5 newsgroups, 3 top-level
hierarchies, one of them (alt.ALL) even outside of the Big 8, without
Followup-To.

F'up2 sci.astro

--
PointedEars