Old March 6th 11, 12:49 PM posted to sci.space.station
Alan Erskine[_3_]

Default Trash, does it all burn up?

On 6/03/2011 8:29 PM, Brian Gaff wrote:
Yes, but if some components do survive, how do we know that all the rubbish
does.
It does seem rather a rubbish idea.. pun intended. Its only because they
are in earth orbit this can be done. I wonder what they would do on the
Moon, mars or in transit?
Brian

In transit they'd still eject it - it would then float away (just enough
air pressure inside the rubbish hatch....

On the Moon or on Mars, they'd recycle as much as possible - all the
paper, cardboard and food scraps would be composted (or otherwise
processed) to grow food.