Old August 22nd 09, 07:17 AM posted to sci.astro.satellites.visual-observe
Von Fourche

Default Observing Satellites and Jets

"Patty Winter" wrote in message

Von Fourche wrote:

Hmm, I thought finding satellites was extremely hard. Using Heaven's
Above and also a nice satellite application for my iTouch, it seems easy,
unless those three tings were jets and not satellites. lol.

:-) I'll bet they were really satellites!

If you want to get up early, ISS is making some predawn passes
over the U.S. these days. In fact, it's so bright now that some
people have been able to see it during the day, as you probably
saw mentioned on Heavens-Above.

I stayed up all night Thursday night/Friday morning. I went out side
around 5:17am Friday morning and sure enough - I saw the ISS! It zoomed
across the northern sky really really fast.

Yep, I saw that article on Heavens-Above about seeing the ISS station
during the day. Are people really seeing it during the day?