Old December 16th 04, 04:30 AM
Reed Snellenberger

Henry Spencer wrote:
In article ,
Reed Snellenberger wrote:

All three
presidents of that era end up looking rather different than the popular
beliefs would have it.

You've obviously fished before -- because you sure know how to set a
hook... :-)

Okay, from memory -- my copy of the book is out on loan -- a very
quick summary:

snipping an excellent summary of the Presidents' positions...

Thanks, Henry...

I'm a little surprised that Kennedy would have been backing away from
the space program already, but the timing is about right. The Mercury
program had been completed in May '63 and both Gemini & Apollo were
deeply into their "spending money like water without any flights to show
for it" phases, so it's the most probable time for a politician's mind
to ask "Why are we doing this, again?"

--
Reed