Old February 25th 04, 05:30 PM
Richard Crisp

Default ASTRO: CPT18 frame received

"David Whysong" wrote in message
news:yHW_b.11655$aZ3.7402@fed1read04...
In sci.astro.ccd-imaging, Richard Crisp wrote:

In Cass mode, it will be f/12.6 using a 3x multiplier for the
secondary. The illuminated field is 49mm, designed to support either
a 35mm negative or one of the new STL11000 cameras from SBIG.

That's a great idea, but an 18" 'scope with that focal ratio means the
STL11000 pixels subtend only 0.32 arcseconds.

You can also bin 2x2 which offers a lot of advantages including image
processing time.

In Newt mode, it will have a focal ratio of f/4.2.

...which is much more reasonable for 9 micron pixels. Why not use
it for imaging in this configuration with a large coma corrector?
Would that work?

just might, Dave.

I have lots of options as to how I instrument it.