Old October 18th 18, 05:55 AM posted to sci.space.policy
Fred J. McCall[_3_]

Default Soyuz Rocket Launch Failure Forces Emergency Landing of Soyuz!

JF Mezei wrote on Wed, 17 Oct 2018
16:37:50 -0400:

On 2018-10-17 07:43, Fred J. McCall wrote:

Roscosmos has issued a statement to that effect.

Roscosmos, at time of checking, has no such statement on their website.
Googling "Roscosmos statement" or "Roscosmosn press release" points to
the September even of a Soyuz having a leak at space station.

NASA's press release about MS-10
https://www.nasa.gov/press-release/n...0-launch-abort

Mentions nothing about cause.

Your defective research skills are not my problem and they certainly
don't constitute a 'defense' of your ignorance.

Pointing you to
video isn't going to help because you haven't the slightest clue what
you're looking at or should be looking for.

Good deflection ...

It's not a 'deflection'. It's a statement of fact.

... because I am stupid.

Which I can't fix, particularly when you resist.

But the lack of high resolution
video SHOULD also prevent anyone outside investigators from speculating
that the booster separation was the cause of the accident (instead of
possibly the result). You, the mighty expert who is without any fault
can't possibly reach your conclusions that the cause is now an
established fact if you haven't even seen such a high resolution video.

The video I looked at on YouTube is of adequate resolution to see it
if you know what you're looking for.

And is a press statement to TASS by Sergei Krikalyov, Roscosmos
Executive Director for Manned Flights, 'official' enough for you?

Officoal statement from Tass, October 15.

http://tass.com/science/1026015
Russia’s space agency declines to name causes of Soyuz rocket failure
until probe is over

Krikalev did make a press conference today (Wednesday). So 1: not fair
to tell me I should have know of its contents when I posted yesterday,
and 2, that TASS article, while reporting on the Kirkalev press
conferences does not mention causes and rtepeats the above that the
won't talk about it until investigation is over.

It mentions that they will have 3 unmanned Syuz launches before
December's manned flight.
http://tass.com/science/1026349

So, if you reference some mythical statement that can't be found after
spending over half an hour reason countless TASS statements on Soyuz
(that basically repeat the same things), then at least don't accuse me
of not trying.

And certaintly don't accuse me of not having access to some statement
that was made after I made post.

Well, **** you then. Since you are so adamant about defending your
ignorance, remain ignorant and be damned to you.

Mayfly, why don't you ever bother to find out the facts before you
start running your mouth?

And whoever you are who insists on being unprofessional, perhaps you
need to learn how to read media reports because wordings such as
"sources say" etc have sigtnificant meanings on how to ionterpret what
is written.

Just because a reportr reports that Roscosmos is looking at booster
separation failure does not make this an official cause of the accident,
especially when Roscomos goes out of its way to state that it will not
speculate on cause until it has completed the investigation.

You can make up all the obfuscatory bull**** you like.

You're ignoring the facts in order to run your mouth.

I am waiting for facts, not media speculation. If you can't participate
constructively to provide facts, whty do you participate?

If you can't or won't read and understand even simple explanations,
why do you ask questions?

If for instance, instead of insulting me, you actually provide the link
to the official TAS Sreport that Krikalev actually confirmed the cause
of the accident, it would have helped more than me (and saved me half an
hyour of seraching only to find an article that Roscosmos refused to
confirmed the cause)

This took a single google search to find and is dated October 12:

"The collision of elements during the separation of the carrier
rocket’s first and second stages is the primary cause of the Soyuz-FG
booster’s abortive launch, Roscosmos Executive Director for Manned
Flights Sergei Krikalyov said on Friday."

Mo
http://tass.com/science/1025675

It is not my fault you are too adamantly pig-ignorant to find it and
expend all your effort arguing with people when they give you FACTS. I
spent 3 seconds to find this using a search based on what I had
already told you ("krikalyov tass statement soyuz launch failure").
You spent 30 minutes flailing around to fail to find anything useful
other than to try to justify your ignorance.

You have no excuse and the information was available almost a week
ago. Learn to admit when you're wrong.

-- Thomas Jefferson