Old April 20th 18, 02:22 PM posted to sci.astro.amateur
Chris L Peterson

Default Hey, hook this up to a scope!

On Fri, 20 Apr 2018 09:37:02 +0200, Paul Schlyter
wrote:

Taking many shots with slightly different focus and then combining
them is becoming the standard way of taking macro images of e.g.
small insects. There the change in focus is obtained by making small
movements of either the whole camera or the object. The final image
will have a dramatically increased depth of focus compared to a
traditional single-shot image.

Yes, I've done quite a bit of this for macro flower images (I have a
long running project of documenting all the local wildflowers- partly
a science project, partly an artistic one). It's a simple technique in
Photoshop, and there are quite a few dedicated tools, as well.