Old December 12th 17, 09:00 PM posted to sci.astro.research
Phillip Helbig (undress to reply)[_2_]

Default A quasar, too heavy to be true

In article , jacobnavia
writes:

"This is the only object we have observed from this era," says Robert
Simcoe, the Francis L. Friedman Professor of Physics in MIT's Kavli
Institute for Astrophysics and Space Research. "It has an extremely high
mass, and yet the universe is so young that this thing shouldn't exist.
The universe was just not old enough to make a black hole that big. It's
very puzzling."

I just returned from the Texas Symposium on relativistic astrophysics.
For a while now, there has been renewed interest in primordial black
holes. These could a) be dark matter (see Carr et al arXiv:1607.06077
http://adsabs.harvard.edu/abs/2016PhRvD..94h3504C
) and b) perhaps seed larger black holes.

Exactly. It is at 690 My after the supposed "bang".

You need to come up with more evidence than "supposed" and scare quotes
to make your case.

How can gravity influence things in the searing hot universe coming from
a big bang???

Do the maths.

How can gravity influence anything at those temperatures?

Stuff is much more dense back then.

Why not see otherwise that there wasn't any bang at all and that we are
seeing a very old quasar?

Because of a huge amount of evidence that points to the more standard
scenario.

The spectra correspond to a quasar. The simplest explanation is that
this IS a quasar, a very old one.

This implies that the universe must be at least 20-30 Gy old.

Calculation, please.

Many theories could explain that red shift, I just do not know which one
will be accepted.

There is no other viable explanation than the cosmological redshift.

Obviously it is there, but what it is, nobody knows. Yes, you can find
harmonics, since foreground objects could generate those signatures. Or
other explanations, depending on what you think you are seeing.

Give me ONE other theory which PREDICTS the CMB power spectrum.

From the outside I just see that the more we look, the more galaxies we
find. 72 new ones were discovered in the HUDF just looking with a better
instrument. And it goes on and on, and nobody knows if there is any limit.

Even in the big-bang scenario, the universe can be infinite.