Old November 28th 17, 12:23 PM posted to sci.space.policy
Jeff Findley[_6_]

Default NASA is teaming up with Russia to put a new space station near the moon. Here's why.

In article ,
says...

wind down ISS

Trimmed because only the ISS bit is on topic for this group.

We're not going to "wind down ISS" prematurely. There is a lot more at
stake than money for Russia. Besides, doing so would negatively impact
commercial cargo and commercial crew. Commercial crew will eliminate
cash payments to Russia for Soyuz flights, which will be "punishment
enough" when it comes to ISS.

Also, these activities are essential for lowering the cost of access to
space, IMHO. Without commercial cargo and commercial crew, the public
might just keep accepting how "hard" it is to get into space and believe
that NASA really does need billions of dollars a year for SLS/Orion,
which is bleeding NASA dry.

Jeff