Old August 16th 03, 03:00 PM
John Maxson

Default Ladies and Gentlemen of the 51-L Jury

Stephen Stocker wrote in message
In article , John Maxson wrote:

Pages 31-32 and 46-47 of my book (over which Berndt is in
denial) tell some of "the rest of the story" (as Paul Harvey would
say), and I have good reason to believe that anyone except
someone as biased as Berndt would find it extremely compelling.

I believe that everybody who knows the technical aspects of the
shuttle would have to be "biased", in the sense of having their own
opinions based on their experiences. Maybe I'm weird, but I also
think it can lead to quality debate, and I hope that's where this is
leading.

Let's hope so. If they let post-51-L spin get in the way of finding
out what happened on 51-L, they are being subjective, not objective.
Since my most severely critical opposition is coming from folks with
post-51-L experience at JSC, one would think they would be objective
enough to obtain the waiver log and the waivers for 51-L as a starting
point for their understanding and argument of flight software issues.
I don't see that happening. They stonewall by putting up strawmen.

--
John Thomas Maxson, Retired Engineer (Aerospace)
Author, The Betrayal of Mission 51-L (www.mission51l.com)