Old September 26th 07, 04:05 AM posted to sci.space.policy,sci.space.history,sci.space.shuttle,sci.space.station
BradGuth

Default Another Space Tether Experiment Disaster

On Sep 25, 3:43 pm, kT wrote:
BradGuth wrote:
Not that the warm and fuzzy likes of KT gives any honest puck, but the
tethered deorbit capability as rather easily deployed away from my LSE-
CM/ISS dipole element doesn't have such pesky problems, does it.

I suppose it doesn't, now that you mention it. Vaporware is like that.

Would any of you silly naysay folks of this anti-think-tank usenet
from hell, like to know why?

I'm more concerned about the getting into orbit part of the problem,
orbital decay will take care of the getting back from orbit part of it.

My lunar space elevator's 256e6 tonne CM/ISS plus various tether
moon's L1, as always pulled a bit towards Earth with the tether dipole
element and of its termination platform doing it's reliable gravity
thing. There's no such orbital decay to worry about.
- Brad Guth -