Old June 17th 04, 08:48 PM
Aunt Buffy

Look at me...I'm out on a limb...here goes.

Assuming the earlier comment about a black holes gravity being "past
gravity". Then the gravity up to the point of BH formation would be "same"
after its formation. Any new matter entering(e.g. mercury falling into an
imaginary BH located where SOL is) would, presumably, add to the BH gravity
(when felt by body outside e.g. Earth) until the new matter enters the event
horizon - and then we again talk about time dilation. Just a thought
experiment made literate...ok.

"Bill Sheppard" wrote in message

Now how can the black hole, and objects that are supposedly suspended

in almost infinitely slow time on its event horizon,
be at the same time moving and
changing direction in seemingly real time as the black hole moves

through space
on its orbit?

Double-A

And, how come a stellar mass black hole will still express exactly the
same gravity as it did prior to the collapse? That is to say, any
planets orbiting the star will be unaffected in their orbits after the
collapse... how coom ???
oc