Old January 16th 21, 08:09 PM posted to alt.astronomy
Sjouke Burry[_2_]

Default So Where Are The Aliens ?

On 16.01.21 20:59, Luigi Caselli wrote:
Il 13/01/2021 10:33, Whisper ha scritto:

Removing earth from the universe would have less impact
than removing 1 grain of sand from the bottom of the ocean. Everything
carries on as before.

Suppose that we are th only intelligent species in the whole universe.
Now remove the earth from the universe.

The result is that, removing the Earth, the universe can't understand
itself (via the human brain) anymore.

In this case the difference caused by our disappearance would be huge.

Luigi Caselli

I would rather assume that physical law is the same everywhere.
In the first 2 billion years on earth live started a number of times,
proved by checking deposit layers in very old rocks.
Given that, it would be very silly to assume that this would not happen
elsewhere.
Results would differ in all sorts of ways, of course.