Old February 21st 10, 06:00 AM posted to sci.space.station
Jordan Hazen[_2_]

Default ISS ATU's (communication panels) need water cooling? Why?

In article ,
Jordan Hazen wrote:

Thanks for all the interesting details.

I found a NASA photo showing the Cupola ATU in question just before
installation (taken around the same time as the video shown earlier?),
with its cold-plate and mounting bracket attached:

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/...130e009537.jpg

This provides good frame of reference for the size and bulk. At least
they're not quite so *deep* as those non-flight units pictured in the
test rack on your web site.

And after being mounted, in the lower-right corner of this image:

http://spaceflight.nasa.gov/gallery/...130e009694.jpg

It looks deeper from that angle. I wonder if those water loops will
be tucked more out of the way later, or if other equipment-- maybe the
robotic workstation when it's finally moved?-- will end up in front of
them).

--
Jordan.