Old September 27th 07, 06:30 PM posted to alt.binaries.pictures.astro
Rick Johnson[_2_]

Default ASTRO: High contrast moon

TheCroW wrote:
Yep, still around ;-) Lot of leeching though, seeing all those great
photographs!! :-)

For my scope nothing much to see/photograph last fe months: moon is too low
as are the planets and in wrong part of the sky for me.
So did a remake from my best shot(s) so far: the 26 part moon mosaic from 24
May this year.
This time enhancing contrast, some color and some little other things on
each shot and stiched them together. Goal was to enhance detail.

Bynostar 130-900 Newton, 25 mm eyepiece, FujiFilm S5500 hybride camera.
26 x RAW, ISO64, 1/8 sec, f/3.1.
RAW processing in Photoshop, mosaic made with AutoStitch.

Well done controlling the wide range of brightness from terminator to
limb and still maintaining good contrast.

I can't recall now what software you use to make the mosaics. It does a
very good job of hiding the seams and matching the contrast and levels
of the various images. Or do you do that by hand? I can't do it by
hand for two images, let alone 24!

Rick