Old May 27th 07, 12:14 PM posted to sci.astro.ccd-imaging
Barry

Default Lagoon nebula last night.

Celestron Nexstar 11, equatorial wedge alignment, Canon 400D, prime
focus on a waxing gibbous moonlit night. Also used one of those
ambient light filters on the camera adaptor. The resulting shot was a
little darker, but way more detailed.

http://www.aussiepeople.com.au/asign...otography.aspx

Removing the darks seems to have made all the difference.

Conversley, I opened the shutter on the same target and just let the
telescope go with it's own tracking for fifteen minutes. (Fell asleep)
Have a go at what it did! (Second image) I have no idea how to refine
this tracking. I'm thinking when I get the ED80 on top, I will have to
guide manually.

Baz.