Old March 3rd 05, 09:11 PM
Chris L Peterson

On Thu, 3 Mar 2005 10:25:49 -0800, "Martin R. Howell"
wrote:

Come on, guys, shape up! This is a great forum. Let's keep it that way.
Look at what happened to sci.astro.amateur, which used to be the premium
forum and now is, in the words of one poster, a train wreck. (end of rant).

This from somebody who I guess has never seen a train wreck!

Looking over the last week of postings (all of which I have retained), I
see that there are 107 threads, of which 88 are absolutely topical and
appropriate to s.a.a. Of the remaining 19 threads, 4 are the same but
didn't get threaded properly, 3 are rants like this, and a handful are
semi-topical humor. Another handful are marginally topical. Only a few
of the topical threads appear to have been hijacked or otherwise
deviated from topicality in a major way. And IMO, the vast majority of
the topic titles do a fine job of defining the thread.

So that means at least 82% of the threads are topical, and higher if we
give a little latitude. Seems pretty darn good to me.

Chris L Peterson
Cloudbait Observatory
http://www.cloudbait.com