Old July 29th 03, 06:28 PM
David

Default Where to buy a high-end custom-made telescope?

Nathan Koren wrote:
In the course of my architecture practice, I have encountered a client
who wishes to built a personal observatory. Their budget for the
scope itself (nevermind the enclosure and sitework, et cetera) is
$750,000. This seems like an akward number to me -- a lot larger than
any definition of "amateur" that I'm familiar with, but a lot smaller
than any institutional observatory I've ever heard of. Nonetheless,
if you had $750,000 to blow on a telescope, to whom would you go?

Do they have any other preference beside spending that amount of money ?
Where is the location (important for the right choice) ? Will the user
use it for casual observing, astrophotography or some "scientific" work ?

If you want to deal with an US company, you may consider this:

http://www.tmboptical.com/itemsRecor...d=19&cat_id=4&

David

[Mod. note: top-posting fixed -- mjh.]